Hiring disabled topic of The Chamber Brown Bag It! lunch
June 13, 2017
The Chamber of Commerce of Reno-Sparks will begin a new educational series with M2M Brown Bag It!, featuring local experts on topics of value to the business community.
United Cerebral Palsy of Nevada will present “The Benefit of Hiring People with Disabilities” at the Thursday, June 15 event from noon to 1 p.m. at The Chamber, 1st Floor. Participants should bring their own lunch.
The presentation includes information and data showing:
- Workers with disabilities have an overall higher job retention rate
- Employees with disabilities will increase diversity in the workplace
- Employees with disabilities are less likely to get into work related accidents
- Businesses that hire people with disabilities may receive tax credits
- People with disabilities are as capable as anyone else
"In today's society, employers see a person's disability before evaluating their potential and talent," Brandon Liebhard, general manager of Hodell-Natco in Sparks, said in a press release. ,The company hired five people with disabilities earlier this year. "At our company, we pride ourselves on evaluating an individual's talent and potential within our company before anything else."
Cost is $5 for non members and free for members of The Chamber.
RSVP at TheChamberNV.org.