“Biggest Little Pollinator Garden” selected as RSAR’s Build A Better Block project
July 5, 2017
The Reno/Sparks Association of REALTORS (RSAR) announced the "Biggest Little Pollinator Garden" by Nevada Bugs and Butterflies in partnership with the University of Nevada, Reno, was selected as the 2017 "REALTORS Build A Better Block" project. As the winning project, the Biggest Little Pollinator Garden will receive monies to continue its efforts in maintaining and supporting local pollinators.
With the funds, the Nevada Bugs and Butterflies in partnership with the University of Nevada, Reno will create and install a welcome and interpretive sign at the Biggest Little Pollinator Garden located on the campus of the University of Nevada, Reno, in the Fleischmann Agricultural Courtyard.
The Biggest Little Pollinator Garden was established in 2015 with the goal of transforming areas on the University of Nevada, Reno campus into a series of pollinator-friendly plantings to attract and support Nevada's native pollinators.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Marnell Gaming, owner of Sparks Nugget, buys Bourbon Square
- Switch to expand into iconic Virginia Street Post Office building in downtown Reno
- Renovated Grand Sierra Resort pool to open in early summer 2017
- Squaw Valley ends record 2017 ski season
- Reno-Sparks Convention & Visitors Authority hires Burton, Tracy