BLM completes Environmental Assessment for Mineral County geothermal lease sale
June 7, 2017
The Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Carson City District has completed an Environmental Assessment for the Mineral County Parcels, October 2017 Geothermal Lease Sale. The EA will be available for public review and comment through June 30.
The EA analyzes the impacts to the human and natural environment from leasing of geothermal resources on public lands located in Mineral County. Issuance of geothermal leases confers on the lessee a right to future exploration and development of the resource within the lease area. However, leasing geothermal resources does not confer on the lessee the right to proceed with any ground-disturbing activities related to exploring for or developing geothermal resources.
The EA and associated documents are available at: http://bit.ly/2sAP2Vk during the public comment period. Please send written comments to Dave Schroeder, Geothermal Leasing Project Lead at 5665 Morgan Mill Road, Carson City, Nevada, 89703, or fax at 775-885-6147, and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments should include "October 2017 Geothermal Lease EA" in the subject line.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Marnell Gaming, owner of Sparks Nugget, buys Bourbon Square
- Switch to expand into iconic Virginia Street Post Office building in downtown Reno
- Renovated Grand Sierra Resort pool to open in early summer 2017
- Squaw Valley ends record 2017 ski season
- Reno-Sparks Convention & Visitors Authority hires Burton, Tracy