Concrete Expo set for April 27
April 18, 2017
Construction materials expert Dr. Jason Weiss from Oregon State University's School of Civil and Construction Engineering will lead the Sierra Nevada Concrete Association's Annual Concrete Expo, Thursday, April 27 at the Peppermill Resort Casino. The expo will run from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Dr. Weiss will present cost savings techniques and methods to increase concrete performance.
The afternoon session features Clay Slocum, pavements engineer for the California Nevada Concrete Association. He will be discussing design and construction of concrete in parking areas, local streets and roads.
Registration is $80. There will be a continental breakfast, break snacks and lunch, which are sponsored by the SNCA and expo sponsors.
Approximately 150 contractors, architects', building officials, engineers, public works officials and construction consultants are expected to attend the day-long symposium. Online registration is available at http://www.sierranevadaconcrete.com or call 775-852-6551.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Keynote speakers announced for 2017 Nevada Economic Development Conference
- Renovated Grand Sierra Resort pool to open in early summer 2017
- Carson City Bypass to open first week in August
- Carson City judge blocks pot distribution licenses to non-alcohol distributors
- Entrepreneur launches boutique nanny agency in northern Nevada