Douglas County Board of Commissioners receive Park Excellence Award
June 12, 2017
The Douglas County Board of Commissioners received the Park Excellence Award at the June 1, 2017 board meeting. The award was given for the planning, design and construction of the Douglas County Community and Senior Center and was issued by the Nevada Recreation & Park Society.
The Douglas County Community and Senior Center opened in December of 2014 at a cost of $16.9 million and boasts 83,000 square feet of multigenerational community spacing including a fully functional medical clinic, adult day care, gymnasium, fitness center, multipurpose rooms and senior center.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Marnell Gaming, owner of Sparks Nugget, buys Bourbon Square
- Switch to expand into iconic Virginia Street Post Office building in downtown Reno
- Renovated Grand Sierra Resort pool to open in early summer 2017
- Squaw Valley ends record 2017 ski season
- Reno-Sparks Convention & Visitors Authority hires Burton, Tracy