Itronics starts silver bullion production
May 24, 2017
Itronics Inc., a Reno-based diversified zinc fertilizer and silver producing green technology company, has started silver bullion production using e-scrap (ground up computer circuit boards) as a "cost reducing" precious metal bearing raw material. E-scrap is readily available in large quantities, creating the opportunity to expand the breakthrough recovery operation in phases to a meaningful commercial scale.
Itronics has done more than 20 test melts using one of its large furnaces and this generated part of the bullion shipped early this year and has subsequently produced several hundred ounces of bullion not yet shipped. The test melts have been working well so the Company has put its second large melting furnace into operation. Itronics is now operating both furnaces and is establishing an operating schedule for bullion production.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Marnell Gaming, owner of Sparks Nugget, buys Bourbon Square
- Switch to expand into iconic Virginia Street Post Office building in downtown Reno
- Renovated Grand Sierra Resort pool to open in early summer 2017
- Squaw Valley ends record 2017 ski season
- Reno-Sparks Convention & Visitors Authority hires Burton, Tracy