NHP joins the National Workplace Partnership for Life Hospital Organ Donation Campaign
June 5, 2017
The Nevada Highway Patrol has earned the distinction of being the first state law enforcement agency in the nation to join the National Workplace Partnership for Life Hospital Organ Donation Campaign sponsored by the Division of Transplantation, Health Resources and Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. They earned points for each activity aimed at increasing awareness about donation, and achieved platinum status, the highest award level possible, for their efforts.
The Nevada Department of Public Safety and Nevada Highway Patrol recently joined with Nevada Donor Network to participate in the campaign, which challenges hospitals and other organizations to educate employees and the community about the need for organ, eye, and tissue donation.
The Nevada Department of Public Safety and Nevada Highway Patrol will be honored at Nevada Donor Network's Workplace Partnership for Life Hospital Organ Donation Campaign Awards Reception on Wednesday, June 7 in Las Vegas.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squaw Valley ends record 2017 ski season
- Peppermill Reno named one of the Top 10 Best Casinos by USA TODAY
- Switch to expand into iconic Virginia Street Post Office building in downtown Reno
- 40 years later, Carson City bypass a reality
- College of Engineering poised to increase economic prosperity for Nevada