Safety Consultation and Training Section takes over state’s Voluntary Protection Programs
June 30, 2017
Safety Consultation and Training Section (SCATS) will take over the responsibility of overseeing Nevada's Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP) starting in July.
VPP had been previously administered under Nevada's Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) Enforcement section. The move will consolidate all OSHA employer recognition programs in Nevada under SCATS and help more Nevada employers gain access to the nationally-recognized VPP.
Businesses interested in the VPP or any other OSHA employer recognition programs in Nevada may contact SCATS 1-877-4SAFENV or visit http://www.4safenv.state.nv.us.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Shifting gears: Entrepreneurs adjust software concept from winemaking to project management to create marketable product
- Entertainment industry now need to meet OSHA requirements
- Plexus Worldwide’s McFadden recognized
- Reno’s celebrity chefs to give demos during Field Day
- Dalton’s three simple rules of dealmaking