Safety Consultation and Training Section takes over state’s Voluntary Protection Programs
June 30, 2017
Safety Consultation and Training Section (SCATS) will take over the responsibility of overseeing Nevada's Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP) starting in July.
VPP had been previously administered under Nevada's Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) Enforcement section. The move will consolidate all OSHA employer recognition programs in Nevada under SCATS and help more Nevada employers gain access to the nationally-recognized VPP.
Businesses interested in the VPP or any other OSHA employer recognition programs in Nevada may contact SCATS 1-877-4SAFENV or visit http://www.4safenv.state.nv.us.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Marnell Gaming, owner of Sparks Nugget, buys Bourbon Square
- Switch to expand into iconic Virginia Street Post Office building in downtown Reno
- Renovated Grand Sierra Resort pool to open in early summer 2017
- Squaw Valley ends record 2017 ski season
- Reno-Sparks Convention & Visitors Authority hires Burton, Tracy