VOICE program honored by Food Bank of Northern Nevada
May 19, 2017
VOICE, a program that assists students with disabilities obtain employment, was honored by the Food Bank of Northern Nevada for its volunteer efforts with the organization.
The Food Bank of Northern Nevada's Volunteer Appreciation Night recognized the top 16 Food Bank volunteer groups for 2016. VOICE participants personally donated 216 collective hours packing perishable and non-perishable food for distribution through the Food Bank's network of food pantries.
VOICE, a program within the Vocational Rehabilitation office at Nevada's Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation (DETR), is designed to assist students with disabilities ages 18-22 to obtain competitive, integrated employment through a partnership with area high schools, said Shelley Hendren, administrator for the Rehabilitation Division.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Keynote speakers announced for 2017 Nevada Economic Development Conference
- Renovated Grand Sierra Resort pool to open in early summer 2017
- Carson City Bypass to open first week in August
- Carson City judge blocks pot distribution licenses to non-alcohol distributors
- Entrepreneur launches boutique nanny agency in northern Nevada