AboveGeo selected by NCET as Aerospace Company of the Year
April 3, 2017
AboveGeo, formerly AboveNV, is an aerial services and data company that provides high-resolution geospatial data collection and analysis through leading edge drone and sensor technologies.
"Every year we look for companies like AboveGeo who have pushed the boundaries of Aerospace with their technical advancements," said Dave Archer, president and chief executive officer of NCET. "There is no question that AboveGeo is among the best and brightest technological companies based in Northern Nevada."
"We are honored to receive this prestigious award that comes at an appropriate time for our business," said Eric Severance, chief executive officer, who noted that the company has just rebranded their name from AboveNV to AboveGeo.
"We have seen such significant interest in our services outside of the region that it was time to expand our business, and positioning, to serve a greater market demand. It is our mission and vision to improve business for the many industries involved in land management and environmental sciences in the Northern Nevada region and now throughout North America," Severance said.
"AboveGeo has been extremely responsive, and is and a pleasure to work with on some of our most leading-edge projects," said Tim Minor of Desert Research Institute. "Our relationship has turned into a dynamic collaboration that is a win-win for all involved. It's also nice to work with a local company on such important and sophisticated environmental programs."
AboveGeo collects, analyzes, and displays geospatial data for industrial, environmental, and scientific research partners using highly customized Unmanned Autonomous Vehicles (UAV) which they develop and operate, along with advanced post-processing analytics, from their headquarters in Reno.
Their services include yet are not limited to high-resolution aerial photography and videography, 2D and 3D ortho mapping, image processing and volumetric computations, digital terrain models, 3D modeling, infrared thermography, vegetative indexing, multispectral and hyperspectral imaging, LiDAR data acquisition and analysis.
For more information, visit AboveGeo.com.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Newsletter
- RED Development announces expansion and new retailers at The Outlets at Legends
- Wild Island Family Adventure Park expanding
- Breadware, an IoT developer, moves headquarters to Reno
- NNHRA breakfast meeting to focus on Family and Medical Leave Act
- Rancharrah opens new Information Pavilion and launches membership to The Club at Rancharrah
- Udacity launches learning program to develop local tech talent
- Downtown Reno building purchased by locally-led investment group
- Reno-Sparks real estate market gears up for 2017
- Sierra Nevada Corporation’s technology spreading around the world and even to Mars
- Caesars Entertainment executives outline growth opportunities