Coffeebar expands to Squaw Valley
November 25, 2016
Coffeebar, a full-scale Italian café originally founded in Truckee, California, will be opening Coffeebar Squaw Valley on the eastern end of The Village at Squaw Valley. Featuring espresso, coffee, fresh baked pastries, panini sandwiches, beer and wine, Coffeebar will be open daily in the morning through the late evening with a farm-to-table menu and a professional coffee program serving the highest-grade coffee available, known as "C1." The Coffeebar team is working hard towards a pre-Christmas 2016 opening.
"The Coffeebar team is thrilled to be opening a location in The Village at Squaw Valley," said Greg Buchheister, founder and CEO of Coffeebar in a press release. "Having grown up at a ski area, nothing makes me happier than to combine my two loves, skiing and coffee. We have been working with Andy and his team at Squaw Valley over the past few years to find the perfect location in the Village—I have no doubts that this will be one of the best coffee & après ski spots in the country. We embody the European café culture and I'm extremely excited to share that with the Squaw Valley community."
Coffeebar Squaw Valley will be both comfortable and contemporary, designed in collaboration with local artists from Roundwood Furniture, Mountain Forge and Root of Design Electric. The interior will feature forged steel, light fixtures made from recycled materials and reclaimed wood from Lake Tahoe's old boats and houses, repurposed into modern functional art.
"Greg Buchheister has developed what can only be considered one of the coolest and highest quality brands in the competitive world of West Coast coffee and cafés. I am stoked to welcome Coffeebar to The Village at Squaw Valley," said Andy Wirth, president and CEO of Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows in a press release. "Their commitment to quality is demonstrated by their use of 'C1' level coffee, which is quite literally the highest quality of coffee one can find, and they are known for creating comfortable and creative epicenters for the community. Much more than a café, we know that Coffeebar Squaw Valley will be a great place for breakfast, lunch and après ski!"
Coffeebar Squaw Valley will be the fourth local Coffeebar establishment, joining two locations in Truckee and one in Reno, and its staff of "Hospitalians" prides itself on operating a true Italian Coffeebar and serving something delicious for every time of day.
Trending In: Newsletter
- RED Development announces expansion and new retailers at The Outlets at Legends
- Wild Island Family Adventure Park expanding
- Breadware, an IoT developer, moves headquarters to Reno
- NNHRA breakfast meeting to focus on Family and Medical Leave Act
- Rancharrah opens new Information Pavilion and launches membership to The Club at Rancharrah
- Udacity launches learning program to develop local tech talent
- Downtown Reno building purchased by locally-led investment group
- Reno-Sparks real estate market gears up for 2017
- Sierra Nevada Corporation’s technology spreading around the world and even to Mars
- Caesars Entertainment executives outline growth opportunities