IGT acquires assets from Leap Forward Gaming, Inc.
November 8, 2016
LONDON – International Game Technology PLC ("IGT") (NYSE:IGT) announced that it has acquired certain assets including several patents and other intellectual property from Leap Forward Gaming, Inc. ("LFG") relating to LFG's SaffariNet® Patron Display Interface® (PDI) picture-in-picture multimedia ecosystem technology. IGT also agreed to dismiss its litigation with LFG.
"This acquisition builds upon IGT's industry-leading intellectual property portfolio by enabling us to broaden the scope of our casino management systems solutions," said Victor Duarte, IGT Global Chief Product Officer, Gaming in a press release. "The acquired system-agnostic assets include applications and technologies that are complementary to IGT's existing solutions, and may help us to enhance our offerings to customers over time."
SaffariNet Patron Display Interface picture-in-picture multimedia ecosystem technology works with gaming machines and systems to enhance casino operator communications and marketing capabilities to patrons. Thin Client Gaming (TCG™) and SmartFloor® technology plus a host of additional gaming apps are also included in the acquisition. Leap Forward founder and CEO Ali Saffari will serve as a consultant to IGT to ensure a seamless integration of the solutions and applications related to the acquisition.
For more information, visit http://www.IGT.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Newsletter
- New technology helps parents stay connected to babies in the NICU
- Lake Tahoe and Reno real estate markets weather record breaking winter
- Nevada Department of Taxation prepares for the regulation of recreational marijuana
- Rancharrah opens new Information Pavilion and launches membership to The Club at Rancharrah
- RED Development announces expansion and new retailers at The Outlets at Legends