Nevada Housing Division named #1 state housing agency
April 6, 2017
The Nevada Housing Division (NHD) has been named the country's No. 1 state housing agency for 2016 by U.S. Bank Home Mortgage. The award is based on the fact that NHD helped more Nevadans buy homes than any other state agency in the country, although Nevada ranks only 33rd in population.
More than 11,000 mortgages were funded through the Home Is Possible family of homebuyer programs, which includes Home Is Possible (HIP), Home Is Possible Plus, Home Is Possible For Heroes and Mortgage Credit Certificate. These four programs are responsible for award-winning numbers like these:
-$1.1 billion in Nevada mortgages funded in 2016
-11,020 Nevada families have purchased homes of their own since the program began in 2014
-About 30 veterans and military personnel benefit from HIP For Heroes each month
NHD introduced the HIP For Teachers program in 2017 to help recruit and retain teachers, which offers Nevada's K-12 public school teachers $10,000 in assistance toward the purchase of a new home. This is contingent on a teacher living in the home as their primary residence for five years while continuing to teach.
"Nevada's dynamic and rapid growth is placing greater demands on our local communities and the State has always worked as a committed partner with the private sector to improve the lives of countless Nevadans," said Governor Brian Sandoval. "Home ownership helps build strong and safe communities and I am pleased with the State's continued efforts to help veterans, teachers, and hundreds of families purchase homes. I am so proud of our housing division and what it has done to improve the lives of thousands of Nevada families during difficult times by helping them to achieve the American dream of owning a home."
For more information, visit http://homeispossiblenv.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Newsletter
- Rancharrah opens new Information Pavilion and launches membership to The Club at Rancharrah
- RED Development announces expansion and new retailers at The Outlets at Legends
- High-tech flow waterjet cutting machine in Sparks offers logistics solutions to local manufacturers
- Lake Tahoe and Reno real estate markets weather record breaking winter
- TEDxUniversityofNevada call for speakers is open
- Keynote speakers announced for 2017 Nevada Economic Development Conference
- Renovated Grand Sierra Resort pool to open in early summer 2017
- Carson City Bypass to open first week in August
- Carson City judge blocks pot distribution licenses to non-alcohol distributors
- Entrepreneur launches boutique nanny agency in northern Nevada