One Nevada hosts free, community shred day
April 5, 2017
In celebration of National Kids and Pets Day, One Nevada Credit Union is hosting a free, community shred day at its Damonte Branch to benefit SPCA of Northern Nevada. The free shred day will be held on Wednesday, April 26 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 57 Damonte Ranch Parkway, Unit D, just a few doors down from Doughboy's Doughnuts in the Walmart parking lot.
This event is just in time for members in the community that are doing a little spring cleaning. Anyone in the community can attend the event and safely dispose of up to three boxes of personal documents, to include recyclable paper products, envelopes and newspapers. The shred event is free, but One Nevada has partnered with local non-profit organization, SPCA of Northern Nevada, to collect donations. A voluntary, suggested donation of $3 will go toward helping The SPCA of Northern Nevada programs.
"Attending One Nevada Credit Union's free shred day is the safest way to properly dispose of those documents you need to shred that have been sitting around the house collecting dust," says Dana Pavlu, Damonte Branch Manager. "We are excited to be able to offer this free shred day to our members and the community so they can safely dispose of confidential documents."
In addition to free shredding services, SPCA of Northern Nevada will have an information booth at the event and introduce pets up for adoption. It is National Kids and Pets Day so One Nevada's mascot, Bucky, will also be handing out goodies to children.
For information, visit http://www.onenevada.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Newsletter
- Rancharrah opens new Information Pavilion and launches membership to The Club at Rancharrah
- RED Development announces expansion and new retailers at The Outlets at Legends
- High-tech flow waterjet cutting machine in Sparks offers logistics solutions to local manufacturers
- Lake Tahoe and Reno real estate markets weather record breaking winter
- TEDxUniversityofNevada call for speakers is open
- Keynote speakers announced for 2017 Nevada Economic Development Conference
- Renovated Grand Sierra Resort pool to open in early summer 2017
- Carson City Bypass to open first week in August
- Carson City judge blocks pot distribution licenses to non-alcohol distributors
- Entrepreneur launches boutique nanny agency in northern Nevada