Planning for Lyon County’s future
November 22, 2016
YERINGTON – Lyon County Manager Jeff Page announced that he is seeking authorization from the Board of County Commissioners to partner with the University of Nevada's University Center for Economic Development to develop a strategic plan for Lyon County.
December 1, 2016 the Board of Commissioners will be asked to approve a project proposal and an expenditure of $29,000.00 to the University Center for Economic Development to facilitate and prepare a strategic plan.
County Manager Page identified a strategic plan need during his annual performance review in October of this year. Page explained that unlike the past strategic planning process in 2011 this process will incorporate the Citizen Advisory Boards, two cities, four fire districts and the school district into the planning process.
County Manager Page explained that it is important to have as much citizen and intergovernmental input as possible. Lyon County is still dealing with the impacts of the great recession and struggles to provide services. This process will be used to inform the public of the mandates that the county must work with and provide the public the opportunity to offer solutions and develop a path to move forward.
The Board of County Commissioners Agenda and backup material will be posted at http://www.lyon-county.org by November 23, 2016 for the public to view the proposal from the University Center for Economic Development.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Newsletter
- New technology helps parents stay connected to babies in the NICU
- Lake Tahoe and Reno real estate markets weather record breaking winter
- Nevada Department of Taxation prepares for the regulation of recreational marijuana
- Rancharrah opens new Information Pavilion and launches membership to The Club at Rancharrah
- RED Development announces expansion and new retailers at The Outlets at Legends