Years of renovations at The Ridge Resorts in South Lake Tahoe unveiled
November 2, 2016
Miles Construction, a diversified northern Nevada general contractor, has been the contractor of choice for The Ridge Resorts, located near South Lake Tahoe, since 2009 as the property performed capital improvement and renovation projects over the years. Recent upgrades to the clubhouse and conference space were shown off to vendors and partners during a recent open house, just in time for wedding and holiday party plans to begin taking shape.
Situated at 7,600 feet, The Ridge Tahoe invested more than $2 million to expand wedding and conference capabilities in the renovated 3,700 square-foot Castle Rock Event Space to complement the resort's 300 guestrooms, amenities, on-site recreation, dining and spa services. Overlooking the Carson Valley, the resort hosts an average of 120 weddings and events throughout the year.
Over the years Miles has been involved in property enhancements including the renovation of more than 300 rooms and condo units, upgrades to the clubhouse, exterior repairs and the installation of a one-of-a-kind inclinator, the Skier Express, an eight-person car on a monorail track that drops guests off at the Stagecoach chairlift at nearby Heavenly Mountain Resort. Each project was completed while the resort remained in full operation and within the short construction window due to weather in the Sierra Nevada as well as a busy tourism season in the summer.
"Our long-term relationship with The Ridge is a real success story," Cary Richardson, vice president of business operations for Miles Construction, said in a press release. "They continued to invest in their property even through the economic downturn because they knew the value and could see the long term benefit. Now they're poised to be the shining star among Lake Tahoe-area resorts because they didn't wait to renovate while others are just now beginning the process."
Moving into 2017, Miles is scheduled to complete the remodel of 48 units in the Cascade Tower as part of the finale phase of renovations at The Ridge Tahoe. Miles is partnered with Lori Amis Interiors and several local subcontractors that specialize in hospitality for this project.
Trending In: Newsletter
- Rancharrah opens new Information Pavilion and launches membership to The Club at Rancharrah
- Software startup wins $50,000 Sontag Entrepreneurship Competition
- UNR partners with school district on collaborative principal preparation program
- Winter industry: Nordic experience in North Lake Tahoe
- Coffeebar expands to Squaw Valley
- Sparks Marina groundbreaking starts transformation of eyesore into luxury
- Historic Ormsby house in Carson City hits the market
- Cycle, a “Container as a Service” (CaaS) Platform Startup, moves headquarters to Reno
- Briefs for Week of March 24
- New student housing development east of UNR to open summer 2017