Dr. Marcia McNutt named DRI Nevada Medalist
December 1, 2016
Dr. Marcia McNutt, president of the National Academy of Sciences and chair of the National Research Council, has been selected as the 2017 Desert Research Institute's Nevada Medalist.
The award was established in 1988 to acknowledge outstanding achievement in the fields of science and engineering, the DRI Nevada Medal is the highest scientific honor in the state. The 30th DRI Nevada Medal award will be presented by the DRI Foundation during events planned in Reno and Las Vegas in September, 2017.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: People
- Noble Studios announces new hire, staff promotions
- Gorris named development manager for JDRF
- Yardley becomes independent agent with RE/MAX Realty Affiliates
- Fennemore Craig’s Morgan selected as vice chair of the Legal Affairs Steering Committee for Airports Council International-North America
- Sen. Heller honored with solar energy award
- Lance Gilman: ‘Third and possibly biggest hurrah’ may be coming to Tahoe Reno Industrial Center
- Blanchard, Krasner & French law firm expands into Reno
- Downtown Reno is one step closer to a plan for revitalization
- In-fill project to add 50 condominiums near downtown Reno
- 2017 United Soccer League season marks inaugural campaign for Reno 1868 FC