Dr. Marcia McNutt named DRI Nevada Medalist
December 1, 2016
Dr. Marcia McNutt, president of the National Academy of Sciences and chair of the National Research Council, has been selected as the 2017 Desert Research Institute’s Nevada Medalist.
The award was established in 1988 to acknowledge outstanding achievement in the fields of science and engineering, the DRI Nevada Medal is the highest scientific honor in the state. The 30th DRI Nevada Medal award will be presented by the DRI Foundation during events planned in Reno and Las Vegas in September, 2017.
Trending In: People
- Doors open on Sierra Wellness Connection’s second location
- International premium real estate firm expands Lake Tahoe presence
- Carson City Supervisors approve Vintage project
- Reno/Carson/Tahoe eWomenNetwork event focuses on inspiration for new year
- USDA Rural Development invests $188 million in rural Nevada in 2016