New named VP, CEO at Truckee Meadows Community College
April 6, 2017
Jim New has been named vice president and chief financial officer for Truckee Meadows Community College.
New began his career as a computer technologies faculty member at the College of Eastern Utah in 1987. He began working at TMCC in 1998 as a computer technologies instructor, updating the curriculum for business applications and developing the college's first web development and database systems courses. New became dean of the Technical Sciences Division in 2012. He was appointed interim VPFA upon the departure of Rachel Solemsaas, who took the position as chancellor of Hawaii Community College.
New serves on the Governor's Workforce Development Board of Directors, and the Governor's Workforce Development Board (GWDB) Manufacturing and Logistics Industry Sector Council.
New earned a Master of Science degree in business information systems from Utah State University.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: People
- Udacity launches learning program to develop local tech talent
- Downtown Reno building purchased by locally-led investment group
- Reno-Sparks real estate market gears up for 2017
- Sierra Nevada Corporation’s technology spreading around the world and even to Mars
- Caesars Entertainment executives outline growth opportunities