NNDA hires Champa, promotes Meléndez
January 18, 2017
Tonya Champa has been named investor relations director for the Northern Nevada Development Authority (NNDA), while Valerie Meléndez was named tribal economic development director.
Champa previously worked as the advertising director for the Nevada Appeal daily newspaper in Carson City. She also was a high school and college rodeo competitor and Miss Reno Rodeo 2004-2005.
She graduated from the University of Nevada, Reno, majoring in marketing with a minor in communications.
Meléndez has worked for the NNDA since 2014 in the investor relations department.
She earned a bachelor's degree from UNR.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: People
- Keynote speakers announced for 2017 Nevada Economic Development Conference
- Renovated Grand Sierra Resort pool to open in early summer 2017
- Carson City Bypass to open first week in August
- Carson City judge blocks pot distribution licenses to non-alcohol distributors
- Entrepreneur launches boutique nanny agency in northern Nevada