Northern Nevada nursing facilities, individuals earn Endeavor Awards
June 12, 2017
The Perry Foundation Endeavor Awards recognized the state's top-performing health care facilities and health care professionals working in nursing Homes and Assisted Living Communities with an event at the Nugget Casino Resort in Sparks on June 8.
Individual northern Nevada "Endeavor Award" recipients were:
Achievement in Social Work: Joanna Boyd, A Plus Hospice Care.
Extraordinary Therapist: Nancy Thorpe, Manor Care Reno.
Innovation in Dining: Lynda Grant, Renown Skilled Nursing.
Activities Program Excellence: Arlene Tierney-Pierce, Rosewood Rehabilitation.
Distinguished Nurse Educator: Sherrie Koppelman, Life Care Center of Reno.
Certified Nurse Assistant of the Year: Mildre Ortega, Hearthstone of Northern Nevada.
Outstanding Nurse Leader: Monalisa Guison, Summit Estates Senior Living.
Administrator of the Year: Vangie Molino, Vista Adult Care.
Caregiver of the Year: Kelly Bell, Skyline Estates Senior Living, Carson City.
Northern Nevada nursing facilities honored were:
Gold Endeavor Award – For Quality of Care in an Assisted Living Community: Park Place Assisted Living, Reno.
Silver Endeavor Award – For Quality of Care in an Assisted Living Community: Summit Estates Senior Living, Reno.
Gold Endeavor Award – For Quality of Care Excellence in a Skilled Nursing Facility: Life Care Center of Reno, Reno.
Silver Endeavor Award – For Quality of Care Excellence in a Skilled Nursing Facility:
Rosewood Rehabilitation Center, Reno.
Bronze Endeavor Award – For Quality of Care Excellence in a Skilled Nursing Facility:
Manor Care Health Services, Reno.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: People
- Reno Tahoe Young Professionals Network names 2017-2018 officers, board
- Basin Street Properties’ Marinello joins Regional Alliance for Downtown
- Education Alliance of Washoe County 2017 officers, board
- Reno-Sparks Convention & Visitors Authority hires Burton, Tracy
- Argentum Partners adds Cannito, Whittemore to staff
- Squaw Valley ends record 2017 ski season
- Peppermill Reno named one of the Top 10 Best Casinos by USA TODAY
- Switch to expand into iconic Virginia Street Post Office building in downtown Reno
- 40 years later, Carson City bypass a reality
- College of Engineering poised to increase economic prosperity for Nevada