Public Relations Society of America
November 4, 2016
The Sierra Nevada Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) is pleased to announce outstanding professionals and will formally recognize these individuals, as well as the best local public relations and communications programs, at the Silver Spike Awards: Celebrating 30 years of Excellence.
2016 individual award recipients are:
Susan Hill, who recently retired as marketing director at the University of Nevada, Reno, School of Medicine after serving more than 35 years in communications. She will be recognized with the chapter's fourth ever Lifetime Achievement Award.
Nancy McCormick, who joined EDAWN in 2012 after retiring from a 32-year career with AT&T, will be honored with the Gold Spike Community Excellence Award.
Constance Aguilar, director of PR and tech for the Abbi Agency, is the recipient of the Mark Curtis Sr., Chapter Member of the Year Award.
Heidi Parker, executive Director for Immunize Nevada, will be presented with the Mark Twain Community Service Award.
Jessica Fagundes, public information officer for the Nevada Department of Agriculture, will receive the Outstanding New Practitioner Award.
The celebration and dinner will take place on Thursday, Nov. 17 at 5:30 p.m. in the Whitney Peak Ballroom.
Trending In: People
- Noble Studios announces new hire, staff promotions
- Gorris named development manager for JDRF
- Yardley becomes independent agent with RE/MAX Realty Affiliates
- Fennemore Craig’s Morgan selected as vice chair of the Legal Affairs Steering Committee for Airports Council International-North America
- Sen. Heller honored with solar energy award
- Lance Gilman: ‘Third and possibly biggest hurrah’ may be coming to Tahoe Reno Industrial Center
- Blanchard, Krasner & French law firm expands into Reno
- Downtown Reno is one step closer to a plan for revitalization
- In-fill project to add 50 condominiums near downtown Reno
- 2017 United Soccer League season marks inaugural campaign for Reno 1868 FC