Public Relations Society of America
November 4, 2016
The Sierra Nevada Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) is pleased to announce outstanding professionals and will formally recognize these individuals, as well as the best local public relations and communications programs, at the Silver Spike Awards: Celebrating 30 years of Excellence.
2016 individual award recipients are:
Susan Hill, who recently retired as marketing director at the University of Nevada, Reno, School of Medicine after serving more than 35 years in communications. She will be recognized with the chapter’s fourth ever Lifetime Achievement Award.
Nancy McCormick, who joined EDAWN in 2012 after retiring from a 32-year career with AT&T, will be honored with the Gold Spike Community Excellence Award.
Constance Aguilar, director of PR and tech for the Abbi Agency, is the recipient of the Mark Curtis Sr., Chapter Member of the Year Award.
Heidi Parker, executive Director for Immunize Nevada, will be presented with the Mark Twain Community Service Award.
Jessica Fagundes, public information officer for the Nevada Department of Agriculture, will receive the Outstanding New Practitioner Award.
The celebration and dinner will take place on Thursday, Nov. 17 at 5:30 p.m. in the Whitney Peak Ballroom.
Trending In: People
- Mishimoto Automotive opens distribution center in Washoe County
- Alston Construction announces completion of Deceuninick North America
- Brad Bonkowski and Andie Wilson: Current trends in Carson City real estate
- Local United Way chapter names board, officers
- DETR awarded ApprenticeshipUSA State Expansion grant by Department of Labor