Public Relations Society of America
November 4, 2016
The Sierra Nevada Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) is pleased to announce outstanding professionals and will formally recognize these individuals, as well as the best local public relations and communications programs, at the Silver Spike Awards: Celebrating 30 years of Excellence.
2016 individual award recipients are:
Susan Hill, who recently retired as marketing director at the University of Nevada, Reno, School of Medicine after serving more than 35 years in communications. She will be recognized with the chapter’s fourth ever Lifetime Achievement Award.
Nancy McCormick, who joined EDAWN in 2012 after retiring from a 32-year career with AT&T, will be honored with the Gold Spike Community Excellence Award.
Constance Aguilar, director of PR and tech for the Abbi Agency, is the recipient of the Mark Curtis Sr., Chapter Member of the Year Award.
Heidi Parker, executive Director for Immunize Nevada, will be presented with the Mark Twain Community Service Award.
Jessica Fagundes, public information officer for the Nevada Department of Agriculture, will receive the Outstanding New Practitioner Award.
The celebration and dinner will take place on Thursday, Nov. 17 at 5:30 p.m. in the Whitney Peak Ballroom.
Trending In: People
- Capstone Advisors closes land purchase in Reno market fueled by economic development
- What’s next for Tahoe-Truckee’s housing crisis?
- Panasonic and TMCC partner to offer the Panasonic Preferred Pathway (P3)
- NNDA share insights on bringing businesses into the northern Nevada region
- Voices: Buzz Harris | The time may be right to sell your small business