Shaun Carey tabbed for position on Airport Authority Board
April 19, 2017
Shaun Carey was appointed by the City of Sparks to serve on the Airport Authority Board, governing Reno-Tahoe International and Reno-Stead Airports.
Carey replaces outgoing Trustee Adam Mayberry who served in several roles on the board, including board chair, from 2011. Mayberry recently accepted employment at the Colorado Springs Airport and resigned his position from the RTAA board.
Carey served as the Sparks city manager for 14 years and spent more than three decades in public service. In 2016, Carey helped pass ballot measure Washoe County 1 and participated as a member of the citizen-led coalition and Chair of the Public Schools Overcrowding and Repair Needs Committee.
He holds a civil engineering degree from the University of Nevada, Reno and is a retired licensed professional engineer in Nevada, California and Colorado.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: People
- NDOT’s Tony Illia win 2017 Hermes Award
- Ashley Brune hired by The Abbi Agency
- KPS3’s Whitefield selected to Advisory Board for the University of Nevada, Reno’s College of Liberal Arts
- Reno/Tahoe Chapter of the American Marketing Association names 2017-2018 officers, board
- Shelly Dunbar to lead CommCap Advisors’ new Reno office
- Google joins tech companies at Tahoe Reno Industrial Center
- Hotel projects under way at Sparks Marina
- Lake Tahoe and Reno real estate markets weather record breaking winter
- First of its kind in Nevada produce cooling facility to open in Yerington in May
- Northern Nevada Business Weekly makes move to downtown Reno