Murder victims' roots in Carson.

Relatives of Carson City native Dennis Green gathered at the home of his sister on Wednesday and Thursday to mourn their loss and arrange for his cremation and memorial service.

Green, 44, and his wife Libby, 43, were gunned down in an apparent double murder at their Vacaville, Calif., residence on Sunday.

Vacaville Police Department investigators believe Dennis Green's stepson, Frederick Vincent Thiecke, 21, shot the couple following an argument. A criminal homicide warrant has been issued for his arrest.

Several of Green's relatives drove to Vacaville to make arrangements on Thursday. Green is survived by his parents, two sons, three sisters and a brother. Several family members are still expected to arrive in Carson City.

"We're all taking it real hard," said Norm Nash, husband of Green's sister, Janet. "It's a big loss.

Nash said the families were together at the Nash home in Carson City last Thanksgiving.

A celebration of Green's life will probably take place this weekend in Virginia City, a place "that Dennis liked a lot," Nash said.

"He was a weathered construction guy," he said. "Virginia City fits him."

Before he moved to Vacaville 10 years ago, Green owned and operated Green Construction in Carson City. Among other jobs, the company did construction work on the Carson Nugget and a subdivision off Woodside Drive, Nash said.

Vacaville police said Thursday they are still looking for Thieke, who is Libby Green's son from a prior relationship. The Greens were married last October.

The couple's bodies were found after a 911 caller reported hearing gunshots. Witnesses at the scene said they heard the trio arguing prior to the murders, said Vacaville Police Sgt. Randy Weaver.

"There's no physical evidence that we can discuss," he said. "There are things that only the suspect knows that we don't want to divulge."

He said information about the murders was entered into a nationwide computer network. "We are assuming that every law enforcement agency in the country has this information."

Nash said he has received information that suggests Thiecke picked up his girlfriend before he disappeared.

An autopsy of the couple Monday confirmed they died as a result of multiple gunshots. The type of weapon has not been divulged.

A neighbor who knew Libby Green told a journalist from The Reporter that Thiecke was angry at his mother for stopping payments on a car loan.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment