- Mark Twain Garden Club hosts a floral arts display at 10 a.m. at the Brewery Arts Center in celebration of the club's 50th anniversary. Call 882-1473.
- Ladies "Knight" Out, the 9th annual Bachelor Auction, 6-10 p.m. at John Ascuaga's Nugget, Sparks, plus raffle and silent auction, $25 per person includes champagne reception and pasta dinner. Call 331-7161 or 827-3253.
- Reno's second annual Asian Festival at the City Center Pavilion, will celebrate the Chinese, Filipino, Indian, Japanese, Korean, Thai and Vietnamese cultures through, art, food, entertainment and other traditions; 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. today; 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday; 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday. Call 786-5700, 329-4777 or 329-0711.
- WC Karaoke Show perform at the Windsock Lounge at the Carson City Airport, 8 p.m. to midnight today and Saturday. Call 888-9944.
- Yellow Rubber Ducky Regatta, a fund-raiser for Carson Advocates for Cancer Care, features rubber duckies raced in Mills Park creek beginning at 10 a.m., prizes awarded. Call 882-2512.
-Antique and flea market fund-raiser at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, cafeteria and parking lot areas, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 882-0151.
-Steam Up for Armed Forces Day at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 687-6953.
-Carson-Tahoe Hospital second annual Community Celebration, free to the public from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Treadway Park, adjacent to the hospital, includes free barbecue lunch, live entertainment, tours of Careflight helicopter, face painters, clowns, bounce house, maze, dunk tank and interactive activity booths. Call 885-4407.
- War on Weeds Armed Forces Day workshop, 9 a.m. to noon at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, features Dick Post from UNR, Gayle Bowers, horticulturist and the Railroad Museum. Call 784-4848.
-Civil Air Patrol World War II Fly-in and Hangar Dance, 4-11 p.m. at the Minden-Tahoe Airport, with a South Pacific theme; dinner and refreshments, open to the public. Call 265-6679, 885-8789.
-Horse Show sponsored by the El Rancho Saddle Club, 9 a.m. at the Douglas County Fairgrounds. Call 782-5943, 265-3353.
-Scrapbook making class, noon-4 p.m. at Topaz Ranch Estates, bring your scrapbook supplies and photos, tools will be available, $15 fee. Call 782-9828.
-Stagecoach Volunteer Fire Department 9th annual Misfit Mud Bog, at Highway 50 and Cheyenne Trail. Gates open at 8 a.m., events start at 9; adults $5, children 8-12 $3, under 8 are free, family rate $15. Classes include 2WD, 4WD stock, 4WD modified, supermodified, $25 entry free, open to the public. Plus, kid's fun run and fire department tug o' war. Food, raffles, refreshments available. Call 629-2090, leave a message, or Jason at 629-6980.
-Reno Philharmonic Youth Orchestras present a free concert at 3 p.m. at the Pioneer Center for the Performing Arts. Call 323-6393.
-Trish Yearwood performs at the Silver Legacy. Tickets: $45, $39, $25. Call 329-4777.
-"How to Eat Like a Child ... And Other Lessons in Not Being an Adult," 1 and 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St., presented by the BAC Stage Kids. Sunday. Call 883-1976.
-Annual Ranchos Community Yard Sale, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Gardnerville Ranchos. Call 26507358 or 782-8777 ext. 232.
The Bait Farm Saloon hosts national karaoke contest, 5-9 p.m. Saturday; 2-6 p.m. Sunday, 1080 Highway 50 East, Silver Springs. Call 577-2596.
-7th annual High Sierra Cat Club's CFA cat show features 225 purebred and household pet cats competing for fun, prizes and charity. Hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day at the Reno Livestock Events Center, Exhibit Hall, $4 adults, $2 seniors (over 60) and children 5-18, kids 5 and younger free; family admission $10. Call 851-8912.
-Collector Fest 200, Reno's largest sportscards and collectibles show, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday at Parklane Mall, Reno. Free admission, plus sanctioned Pokemon tournament at 2 p.m. Saturday. Call (707) 422-3974 or Shows98@aol.com.
-Young at Heart Senior Citizens Club Bingo Party at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville, doors open at noon, games at 1 p.m., bring your own daubers, 18 and older only. Free popcorn and coffee. Call 782-0223.
-Sierra Nevada Llama Network's 7th annual Llama Fun Day, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Cottonwood Ranch, 1111 Highway 339 in Yerington. Call (775) 463-2493.
-International AIDS Candlelight Memorial, 6 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church, corner of First and West streets, Reno.. Call 328-3647.