Planning commission has positions available

If you're looking for an opportunity to serve Carson City, now's your chance. Positions are open on the city planning commission and board of appeals uniform building, fire and various codes.

There is one opening on the seven-member planning commission, which oversees all matter related to the city's growth. Commissioners serve four years terms. The commission usually meet the last Wednesday of every month at 3:30 p.m. The opening to file for the position closes May 12.

The board of appeals is a five-member board that provides advice and issues involving the city building and fire codes. There is an opening for one of the following individuals:

- mechanical engineer

- general contractor with a Nevada license

- electrical engineer

- civil structure engineer

The applicant, depending on the category, will need a license to do business in Carson City. The term is for two years.

Anyone interested in serving on a city board can pick up applications at 201 N. Carson St., Carson City, Nev. 89701. Applications may be faxed to 887-2067. Call Judy Fisher or Sami Clark at 887-2103 for information.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment