Upland game hunters need 2005 Upland Game Stamp

Upland game hunters will need to purchase a 2005 Nevada Upland Game Stamp to hunt some species of upland game in Nevada.

The following are some common questions and answers about the Nevada stamp:

Q. Do I need to purchase an upland game stamp?

A. If you hunt Hungarian and chukar partridge, quail, pheasant, snowcock and sage, blue and ruffed grouse, you will need the Upland Game Stamp.

This requirement applies to residents and nonresidents with either an annual or short term hunting license.

Q. What upland game are excluded from this stamp?

A. If you hunt doves, crows and wild turkeys you are not required to have Nevada's Upland Game Stamp.

Upland game bird stamps are not required when hunting for migratory birds and waterfowl such as doves, ducks and geese.

You also do not need an upland game stamp to hunt rabbit species in Nevada.

Q. How much is the Upland Game Stamp?

A. $10.

Q Where will the funds from this stamp be used?

A. Funding from the $10 stamp will be accounted for separately and will be used solely for the protection and propagation of upland game birds, and for the acquisition, development and preservation of upland game bird habitats in the State of Nevada.

This will include, but is not limited to: Development of range projects and developments of water sources.

Q. Who decides which particular projects NDOW pursues with these funds?

A. Upland game bird projects must be reviewed and approved by the State Board of Wildlife Commissioners.

No more than 10 percent of the funding may be used to reimburse the Department for the cost of administering the documentation of the program.

For information, call NDOW in Reno at 688-1500.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment