Thirteen northern Nevada nurses have received the "Nurses of Achievement" award from the Nevada Hospital Association.
* Karen Thompson of the VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System, acute-care nursing.
* Jennifer Richard of Washoe Medical Center, advanced-practice nursing.
* Patricia Elliott of the VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System, community health nursing.
* Brenda Sneed of Washoe Medical Center, licensed practical nursing.
* Nancy Conkey of Great Basin Medical Group, lifetime achievement in nursing.
* Debra Handke of Washoe Medical Center Rehabilitation Hospital, long-term care or rehabilitation nursing.
* Anne Wallace of Washoe Medical Center, mental health nursing.
* Sable Shaw of Western Nevada Community College, nursing education.
* Elizabeth Devine of Washoe Medical Center, South Meadows, nursing innovation.
* Kara Neumann of Washoe Medical Center, nursing leadership.
* Valerie Linke of Great Basin Imaging, office or outpatient nursing.
* Doreen Begley of Orvis School of Nursing, patient advocacy.
* Pat Oberman of Home Health Services of Nevada, rural health nursing.