Eduardo Orozco scored twice to lead the Carson Senators to a 13-0 win over the Sparks Ducks in Pop Warner action over the weekend.
The defense, which piled up five sacks, was led by Eli Foutz, Alex Myrehn (2 sacks), Miles Frewart and Isaac Avina. Also singled out defensively were Schuyler Clark, Jacob Hanson and Jacob Campbell. Caid Milligan, Decarlo Quintana, Parker Story and John Ammermam played well up front. Joz Foster and Zach Guthrie had big runs in the winning effort.
Tigersharks fare well
at Minden event
A total of 42 swimmers from the Tigersharks went to the Autumn Freeze meet, and 5-year-old Addyson Pierce was overall high point winner for her age group, and 8-year-old Chris Borges was second in his group.
Pierce won the 25 back and 25 free. Borges was second in 25 back, third in 25 fly and 100 free, fourth in 25 breast, 50 breast, 50 free and 50 fly, and sixth in 25 free.
The following swimmers placed in the top three overall in their age group:
• Ewan Kalley, 8, was second in 200 IM; fifth in 100 back; sixth in 200 free; seventh in 50 free; eighth in 100 free; ninth in 50 breast, 100 breast and 100 IM; 12th in 50 fly.
• Katarina Klatt, 9, won the 200 IM; was third in 100 Back; fourth in 100 Fly and 100 IM; fifth in 50 Free and 50 Fly; sixth in 200 Free; seventh in 100 Free; ninth in 50 Breast and 100 Breast.
• Brynn Russell, 9, was third in the 500 free; fifth in 200 IM; sixth in 100 breast; eighth in 200 free; 12th in 50 back; 13th in 100 free; 19th in 50 fly.
• Nick Melsheimer, 11, was third in 100 back; fifth in 50 fly; sixth in 100 IM; seventh in 100 breast; eighth in 200 IM; ninth in 200 free and 500 free; 10th in 50 free;
• Matteas Klatt, 12, was second in 100 back, 100 fly and 200 free; third in 50 fly, 200 IM and 500 free; fourth in 100 breast, 100 IM and 400 IM.
• Hannah Presley, 14, was third in 200 free; fifth in 100 fly and 200 fly; seventh in 200 IM; eighth in 200 back and 400 IM; 15th in 100 breast.
• Brett Kolb, 15, was second in 200 free; third in 200 breast; fifth in 200 IM and 400 IM; eighth in 100 fly.
• Robbie Daugherty, 15, was second in 1,000 free; fifth in 100 back; seventh in 200 free; ninth in 100 breast; 10th in 200 IM; 11th in 100 free; 12th in 200 back and 500 free.
• America Brena, 16, was second in 1,000 free; fifth in 200 fly; seventh in 200 free; eighth in 200 back and 400 IM; ninth in 200 breast; 10th in 100 free and 500 free.
• Christy Krahn, 16, was third in 100 breast; seventh in 400 IM; eighth in 100 free; 11th in 50 free; 14th in 500 free.
• Bryan Remick, 17, was second in 200 breast and 400 IM; fourth in 50 free; fifth in 100 breast and 200 IM; sixth in 100 free and 500 free.
Sear, Hoppe win
at Thunder Canyon
Steve Sear and Karen Hoppe were low gross champions at last week’s club championship at Thunder Canyon.
Sear beat runner-up Nathaniel Brown by 20 shots, 150-170, and Hoppe was an 18-stroke winner over Joni Taylor.
Bruce Miller (145), Gruntis Sietins (147) and Tony Bellucci (148) were the top net finishers in the Nevada flight, and Glenn Tsuda (130), Tony Kane (141), T.C. Boice (145) and Bill Eng and Buz Allen (146) were top finishers in the Lightning flight.
Shelley Kinnerson (141), Bianca Daykin (142), Karon Sullivan (142), Joyce Powell (144) and Stevie Walton (144) were top finishers in the net competition for women.
Sean Sear shot 84 to win the junior title and Amelia Gladys won the girls title with a 91.
Helseth wins flight
at Silver Oak
Gary Helseth scored 22 points to win Flight 1 in the Modified Stableford event at Silver Oak last week. Helth finishd with 22 points to nose out Dennis Puccinelli, Tom Abbett and Vern Payette by two points. Frank Turek was fifth with 18.
John Vandervort won Flight 2 with 24, four better than John Scoville and Roger Cartwright.
• Kathryn Steeter shot a net 71 to win Flight 1 at the Silver Oak Women’s Club event last week. She nosed out Vicki Barbaria by two strokes and Kathy Washburn by three. Loretta Szymanski won Flight 2 with a 66.5. Tina Luce was second with a 71 and Carole Kyle was third with a 76.
Poe triumphs at
Charlie Poe shot a net 65 to win Flight A at Carson Valley Golf Club Sept. 20. The format was 17 best holes.
Glenn Watson, Charlie Serafine and Fred Coons were a stroke back at 66. Roger Hala won Flight B with a 59, four shots better than Mike Davis. Joe Morrison won Flight C with a 58, six shots better than Bruce Sanford.
Pemberton wins at
Bob Pemberton collected 45 points to win Flight A in Empire Ranch’s Modified Stableford tournament on Sept. 16.
Tom Welton was second in Flight A with 43 and John Masiello had a 41. Gene Gaston won Flight B with a 44 and John Lewis was next at 40. Norm Scoggin won Flight C with a 44, and Jim Watt and Maurice Dias had 40 apiece.