Carson Pop Warner’s junior pee-wee squad improved to 2-1 with a 28-0 win over Fernley on Saturday.
Eduardo Orozco had two TD runs and quarterback Zach Guthrie threw two TD passes to lead the offense.
Alex Myrehn had a TD catch and 74 yards rushing while Decarlo Quintana had an 18-yard TD reception. Parker Story and Roman Dazzo were singled out for their blocking.
Quentin Beck had five tackles and a fumble recovery while Keegan Ferris had four tackles and a fumble recovery. Isaac Avina had a fumble recovery, while Nathan McKee, Jacob Campbell, Evan Barcell and David Smith all had sacks. Eli Foutz also played well defensively.
Free footgolf offered
at Silver Oak
Silver Oak Golf Club is offering free family footgolf every Monday in October between 2 and 5 p.m.
Reservations are required and argyle socks are acceptable. Players must bring their own soccer ball.
For more information, call 841-7000 ext. 2.
• Bob Lewis and Alex Talmant shot 58 to win Flight 1 in Silver Oak’s 2-man scramble event by one shot over the teams of Ron Tamori and Tom Abbett, and Bill McAlister and Gary Yoakum. Vern Payette and Frank Turek were fourth with a 61. Roger Cartwright and Tom Keating tied with Steve Alcalay and Tona Smith for the Flight 2 crown. Both groups shot 58s.
• Kathryn Streeter, Kathi Qullici and Bev Eichman shot 30.0 to win Flight A at Silver Oak Women’s Club Better 9 event. Loretta Szymanski shot 33.5 to win Flight 2. Marie Werner was next with a 34 and Pam Christensen was third at 34.5.
• Starting in October, Silver Oak will be closed on Wednesdays for the rest of the year.
Carson Valley slates
Carson Valley Golf Club is hosting an Oktoberfest tournament on Oct. 17 at 10 a.m.
The cost is $40 for the four-man scramble event. The cost includes golf, cart, lunch and beer.
The winning team gets a Nike wedge and the second-place team gets $75 gift certificates for the Topaz Lodge Steak house.
Nike is holding a demo day from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call 265-3181 for more information.
• Chuck Householder amd Joe Morrison shot a net 59.8 to win the A flight for the 2-man Chapman format event at CVGC on Sept. 27. Jeff and Gary Schreiber were second at 62.8 and Roger Hala and Paul Lockwood were third at 68.4.
Neil Bain and Jim Tavernier won B flight with a 72.6 and John Guidicatti and Bob van Nort were second at 72.8. Larry Lockwood and Paul Finan were third at 77.8,
Rodgers quartet wins
at Empire Ranch
Dan Rodgers, Clark Reid, Bob Pluth and Marty Martinez shot a net 38 to win the four-man scramble event held for Empire’s Senior Men’s Club.
Kurt Cleek, Peter Youndahl and Walt Blizzard were second at 39, and Henry Teague, Gene Gaston, Jim Watt and Art Skipworth were third at 42.
• The Senior Men’s Club is having a travel day, so 18 holes with a cart is just $30 today.
• Mallards Restaurant and Bar at Empire Ranch has its weekly Monday Night Football viewing. The $10 buffet icludes salad bar, clasic chicken cordon-bleu, hot wings, cheesy au-gratin potatoes, soup and drink specials. There will be pools and prizes. For more information, call 885-1019.
set for Saturday
The Knights of Columbus No. 4781 is holding its soccer challenge from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the Pete Livermore Sports Complex off of Edmonds.
The event is open to boys and girls between 9 and 14 years of age. The event is free. For more information, call Gregg Swift at 882-7545.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Sign in to comment