Dolan Auto Group awards $60K to Northern Nevada schools
RENO, Nev. — Last week, Dolan Auto Group announced the winners of this year’s $60,000 Dolan Class Project.
Teachers who submitted a classroom project by the Oct, 19 deadline, and were approved, had the opportunity to vote to determine which 10 classrooms would receive $5,000 each.
The $10,000 grand prize-winning classroom was determined by votes from the community.
The winner of the 2018 Dolan Class Project — with 2,096 votes and taking home $10,000 — is the third-grade class at Sarah Winnemucca Elementary School.
The grand prize, as well as all the $5,000 winners, were announced via a Facebook live video on Oct. 30.
The following schools will receive $5,000 for their video submissions:
1. Urban Roots Garden Classroom
2. Theatre Class at North Valleys High School
3. Spanish Springs High School Special Education Class
4. Rollan Melton ES 3rd Grade Class
5. Choir Class at Reed High School
6. Cougar Choir of Spanish Springs High School
7. The Musical Aces of Anderson Elementary
8. The Honors Academy of Literature Multi-Age Class
9. Riverview Elementary 5th Grade Class
10. Carson Middle School Band
Ryan Dolan, Dolan Auto Group CEO, formed the Dolan Class Project in 2011. Head to the company’s website at dolanautogroup.com to learn more.
“The thing that I like most about entrepreneurship is I can work toward something that I’m passionate about and be at the forefront of the change that I want to see happen,” said Priyanka Senthil, a senior at Davidson Academy in Reno and co-founder of startup company AUesome.