Evolution of healthcare in Northern Nevada subject of Oct. 4 panel
RENO, Nev. — A panel of regional healthcare experts will convene Thursday morning for the Northern Nevada Business View’s latest Breakfast & Business event, “The Evolution of Healthcare.”
Panelists will provide insights into the many trends that helped shape the healthcare industry this year, including. among others:
- Changes in consumer behavior and adaptation
- With the rise of Eastern medicine, how are facilities embracing other methods of care?
- Cannabidiol (CBD): What are the health benefits? Does it pose any risks?
- What is the business impact of the mental health crisis?
- Technological advances in the industry
The event takes place 7-9 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 4, at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. Scheduled panelists include:
• Dr. Neda Etezadi-Amoli, interim chair of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, UNR School of Medicine
• Brandon Ghidossi, owner of Harmonious CBD
• Kevin Monaghan, employees benefits broker and owner of LP Insurance Services
• Alan Olive, CEO of Northern Nevada Medical Center
• Steve Shell, CEO of Reno Behavioral Healthcare Hospital
Cost to attend is $15 for NNBV subscribers and $20 for non-subscribers. Go here to register and learn more.
Business, interest groups push COVID liability, worker protections and more for second special session
As the current special session drones on in Carson City, Nevada’s business community, progressive activists and unions are working behind the scenes pressing lawmakers to consider a host of proposals during a second special session.