GNCU donates food, clothes, toys to Northern Nevada nonprofits
CARSON CITY, Nev. — This holiday season, Greater Nevada Credit Union’s annual “Greater Giving” donations drive collected more than 450 gallons of food, toys and clothing, in addition to two toddler bikes.
According to a Dec. 24 press release, the donations — made at various GNCU and Greater Nevada Mortgage throughout Northern Nevada — went to the following nonprofits:
- Food Bank of Northern Nevada
- Toys for Tots
- Advocates to End Domestic Violence
- Friends in Service Helping (FISH)
- Carson Valley Community Food Closet
- Ron Wood Family Resource Center
- Communities in Schools Northeastern Nevada
- Santa’s Helpers
- West Wendover Fire Department
Northern Nevada’s smaller markets expect economic stability in 2021; issues could slow future growth
While much of the economic attention in Nevada has centered on Las Vegas and Reno, the Silver State’s smaller markets and rural communities are in varying degrees of rebounding from the COVID recession.