Grant paves way for dental, nursing programs at TMCC
Thanks to a grant from the William N. Pennington Foundation, Truckee Meadows Community College will now have expanded nursing assistant and dental programs.
The $1.6 million grant makes it possible to add a new dental clinic dedicated to serving veterans, and an anatomy and physiology lab for biology students.
The scope of the Dental and Health Care Expansion Project includes the following:
- Larger Certified Nursing Assistant instructional space
- Expanded Dental Assisting and Dental Hygiene Program labs
- New dental clinic dedicated to veterans
- Additional clinic space provides further practice for dental assisting and dental hygiene students
- State-of-the-art anatomy and physiology lab
The entire combined grant-funded project will begin in summer 2018, starting with the move of TMCC’s CNA program to its’ Meadowood Center.
The unanimous approvals Wednesday came despite state leaders promising to tighten up requirements for Nevada’s tax abatements and incentives for future companies.