Landscapers win honors
Bugica Landscaping of Reno won the president’s award, was honored for best large commercial installation or renovation and was honored for best special landscaping feature in competition sponsored by the Nevada Landscape Association.
Other winners in the competition included:
* Signature Landscapes: Large commercial maintenance and medium commercial maintenance.
* Legends Landscaping: Smaller commercial installation or renovation.
* Reno Green Landscaping: Residential installation or renovation.
* Lawns Etc.: Small commercial maintenance.
* Reno Lawn & Landscape: Residential maintenance.
Debra Rae Drew of Marketing Magic Inc., who serves as executive director of the Nevada Landscape Association, won the Ambassador Award for representing the industry.
Buddy Borden and Dr.
Bob Fletcher won the association’s education and research award for a study of the economic impact of the landscaping industry in Nevada.
Western Nevada Supply won the association’s humanitarian award for contributions to the community.
Rick Clark, co-owner of Signature Landscapes, was honored for his work on a program to certify landscape technicians.
Brian Dean, owner of Lawn Magic, was honored for his work on the association’s awards program.
Officials with Fuentes Restaurant and Cantina, Axle Crossfit, Gather, Loved Momma Fitness, Rowdy Bar and Silver Strike Crossfit discuss challenges — and opportunities — due to the pandemic.