New, expanding companies bring 29 jobs to Carson area
Six companies four of them new to the region have created 29 jobs in the Carson City region, Nevada Business Connections said last week.
The new companies include:
* Utiquities, an antique distributor, that moved from Incline Village to a 2,100-square-foot facility at Mound House. The company employs four.
* AMS Wholesale, an RV warehouse distributor employing four. It moved to a 2,100-square-foot facility at
Mound House from Rancho Cordova, Calif.
* Carson Aviation Services, a fixed-base operator at the Carson City Airport. The startup employs three in a 2,000-square-foot facility.
* Energy Co., a startup that provides green energy solutions for industrial, commercial and agricultural users. It employs four at a 3,700-square-foot facility in Mound House.
Expanding companies that added jobs included:
* Boart-Longyear, a manufacturer of drilling equipment that added eight employees to an expanded facility at Mound House.
* Vineburg Machining, Inc., a machine shop that added 19 employees to its operation at Mound House.
Nevada Business Connections is a private business recruitment and expansion organization serving Carson, Douglas, Lyon and Storey counties.
Longtime journalist Steve Ranson, editor emeritus of the Lahontan Valley News — a sister publication of the NNBW — has published the 280-page book “Legacies of the Silver State: Nevada Goes to War.”