Airbnb’s 2017 growth way up in Silver State
January 18, 2018
Airbnb, a global company that connects travelers to unique living accommodations, announced earnings from destinations throughout the state of Nevada.
The top 10 destinations in state, based on guest arrivals and earnings were headed by Stateline with 24,000 guest arrivals, followed by Incline Village, Reno, Carson City, Zephyr Cove, and Glenbrook.
Overall, the entire state brought in 600,000 guest arrivals taking $80 million in revenue in 2017. This represents an 83 percent increase in growth year over year from 2016.
Typical earnings for a accommodation host in Nevada was $7,000 last year.
Airbnb connects travelers to accommodations including apartments, condos, villas and even treehouses.
A breakdown of how the Northern Nevada destinations performed:
Recommended Stories For You
Stateline: 24,000 guest arrivals, $2.9 million total host income
Incline Village: 23,000 guest arrivals, $3.5 million
Reno: 17,000 guest arrivals, $2.2 million
Carson City: 8,000 guest arrivals, $1.3 million
Zephyr Cove: 4,600 guest arrivals, $800,000
Glenbrook: 3,300 guest arrivals, $535,000
Trending In: News Briefs
- Clean energy jobs on rise, growing economy in Northern Nevada and beyond
- New office construction on tap for Reno, Northern Nevada – eventually
- City National Bank: ‘Nevada is the fastest growing labor market in the nation’
- 2 Carson Valley tourism businesses change hands, totaling $7 million in sales
- Reno’s Shoppers Square: Summer 2018 upgrades decades in the making