Barrick donates to CIS of Nevada
December 21, 2017
Barrick Gold Corp. donated $324,370 to Communities In Schools (CIS) of Nevada to support initiatives in Southern Nevada, Northeastern Nevada and the state office that helps improve student outcomes.
In Northeastern Nevada, Barrick's donation supports Adobe Middle School, Elko High School and the Little Red Caboose, the only child care center that operates in Carlin, west of Elko.
Barrick has supported the CIS since 2009 and has donated $2.1 million to the CIS of Nevada.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Modern Acupuncture opens in Reno: NNBW news briefs, week of April 16
- Business Leads from Northern Nevada Business Weekly for April 9-13, 2018
- SupplyHouse.com moves into Reno’s North Valleys Commerce Center
- NV Energy reports improvements in renewable energy initiatives
- City National Bank hosts its 2018 Economic & Investment Forum in Reno
- Reno’s Shoppers Square: Summer 2018 upgrades decades in the making
- Reno’s Melissa Molyneaux: ‘I have always loved learning about people’
- Despite Sears, Toys ‘R’ Us closures, Northern NV retail market forges ahead
- Need for Reno-area big box space key focus in tightening industrial market
- Reno-Sparks sets record at $375,000 for median home prices in March