BRIEFS: Record health insurance enrollment in Nevada
December 28, 2017
The Silver State Health Insurance Exchange, which assists individuals in finding health coverage through the online marketplace Nevada Health Link, enrolled a record 90,962 Nevadans during its fifth open enrollment season.
This year, open enrollment was Nov. 1 through Dec. 15, six weeks shorter than in years' past. Despite the shortened period, the exchange generated week-over-week enrollment increases, with a surge of 22,716 new and returning customers in the last week alone.
As of Dec. 15, the total number of enrollments is at a record-breaking 90,962 — with 27,936 new enrollees and 63,026 returning customers. The Nevada Health Link's state-run outreach and education efforts included 47 navigators, three broker agency grantees and over 100 participating brokers.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Modern Acupuncture opens in Reno: NNBW news briefs, week of April 16
- Business Leads from Northern Nevada Business Weekly for April 9-13, 2018
- NV Energy reports improvements in renewable energy initiatives
- SupplyHouse.com moves into Reno’s North Valleys Commerce Center
- City National Bank hosts its 2018 Economic & Investment Forum in Reno
- Reno’s Shoppers Square: Summer 2018 upgrades decades in the making
- Reno’s Melissa Molyneaux: ‘I have always loved learning about people’
- Need for Reno-area big box space key focus in tightening industrial market
- Despite Sears, Toys ‘R’ Us closures, Northern NV retail market forges ahead
- Nonprofit Spotlight: Urban Roots