BRIEFS: Taxable room sales up in December
December 28, 2017
Revenues for room sales in Reno-Sparks in December of $25,930,941 are above prior year by $1,766,230, according to a recent report from the Reno Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority.
Cash-occupied room nights of 274,047 are below prior year by 4,737 (a decrease of 1.7 percent). Comp-occupied room nights of 73,380 are above prior year by 6,393 (9.5 percent), and 28-day occupied room nights of 128,361 are above prior year by 12,253 (10.6 percent). Total occupied rooms for the month (including cash, comp and 28-day) of 475,788 are 13,909 (3 percent) above the prior year.
In Washoe County, occupancy percentages of 63 for the month are 4 percent above the 60.6 percent level in 2016. There were 7,720 less available rooms for the month compared to the prior year.
Overall cash average rates for the month of $94.62 increased $7.94, compared to $86.68 for the prior year.
Year-to-date cash occupied room nights of 1,851,865 is .5 percent above prior year and cash average rates year-to-date of $98.37 are $7.83 above the prior year. Year-to-date, total taxable room revenues of $182,162,414 were above $15,408,706 above prior year.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Modern Acupuncture opens in Reno: NNBW news briefs, week of April 16
- Business Leads from Northern Nevada Business Weekly for April 9-13, 2018
- SupplyHouse.com moves into Reno’s North Valleys Commerce Center
- NV Energy reports improvements in renewable energy initiatives
- City National Bank hosts its 2018 Economic & Investment Forum in Reno
- Reno’s Shoppers Square: Summer 2018 upgrades decades in the making
- Reno’s Melissa Molyneaux: ‘I have always loved learning about people’
- Despite Sears, Toys ‘R’ Us closures, Northern NV retail market forges ahead
- Need for Reno-area big box space key focus in tightening industrial market
- Reno-Sparks sets record at $375,000 for median home prices in March