City National Bank collects school supplies for kids
August 24, 2017
City National Bank, with branches in Northern Nevada, has collected more than 1,800 backpacks filled with school supplies as part of its 8th annual Back-to-School Drive. The bank is donating the backpacks filled with supplies to 69 elementary and middle schools, and nonprofit organizations in California, Nevada, New York, Georgia, Tennessee, Minnesota, Washington State, and Washington, D.C.
This year's donations surpassed last year's Back-to-School Drive by over 32 percent. This is also the eighth consecutive year that the bank has included backpacks pre-filled with school supplies, which exceeded last year's amount of 1,400 backpacks.
Additionally, bank colleagues are taking part in teaching City National's Dollars + Sense financial literacy program to students at some of the schools receiving backpack donations.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino honors longtime employees
- Commercial real estate transactions for week of March 19, 2018
- Marshalls relocates stores to South Meadows area of Reno
- Süp, Craft Wine & Beer among Reno businesses honored with SBA awards
- Grand Canyon Development Partners, organizations collect pet supplies