Douglas County approves 2017-2018 budget
May 17, 2017
The Douglas County Board of County Commissioners voted 5-0 to approve the final budgets for Douglas County, Douglas County Redevelopment and the Towns of Gardnerville, Genoa and Minden on May 15.
The Chief Financial Officer, Vicki Moore, presented the final balanced budgets that totaled $182 million for fiscal year 2017-2018. As part of the budget process, the 5-year Capital Improvement Program was also presented and voted. The current budget has $20.7 million available to fund capital improvement projects. 72%, or $15 million, of the $20.7 million has been identified to fund infrastructure projects for fiscal year 2017-2018.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Carson golf course sale axed; prospective buyers, city at odds
- Breaking down the top 10 wealthiest zip codes in Northern Nevada
- Tahoe-area 760-unit luxury housing development suffers legal setback
- Ormsby House likely to be retail/housing, Carson City supervisors told
- With prime location, Reno-Sparks becoming major distribution network