Groundbreaking commences on Phase 2 of the Storey County Youth and Community Resource Center
May 24, 2017
Ground was broken last week on Phase 2 of the Storey County Youth and Community Resource Center, located at 175 E. Carson Street in Virginia City.
Construction was made possible by a collaboration between Community Chest, Inc., along with an group of donors and volunteers.
Community Chest, Inc. was founded in 1991 with the vision to build the center. Storey County donated the land, and Phase 1 was completed over three years ago. The additional building space will provide a permanent home to the Virginia City library and tech center, along with youth programs, performing arts, healthcare resources and public meeting area.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino honors logtime employees
- Reno-Sparks home sales up 11 percent in February
- Grand Canyon Development Partners, organizations collect pet supplies
- University of Nevada, Reno, School Of Medicine granted accreditation
- City of Reno launches business recognition program