Itronics starts silver bullion production
May 24, 2017
Itronics Inc., a Reno-based diversified zinc fertilizer and silver producing green technology company, has started silver bullion production using e-scrap (ground up computer circuit boards) as a "cost reducing" precious metal bearing raw material. E-scrap is readily available in large quantities, creating the opportunity to expand the breakthrough recovery operation in phases to a meaningful commercial scale.
Itronics has done more than 20 test melts using one of its large furnaces and this generated part of the bullion shipped early this year and has subsequently produced several hundred ounces of bullion not yet shipped. The test melts have been working well so the Company has put its second large melting furnace into operation. Itronics is now operating both furnaces and is establishing an operating schedule for bullion production.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nugget Casino Resort starts next phase of renovaton project
- Commercial real estate transactions for week of March 19-23
- Nevada Demographer’s Office reports state population continues to grow
- Bureau of Land Management reports results from oil and gas sales
- Atlantis Casino Resort Spa now offers charitable slots