Mt. Rose Ski stays family-owned
December 8, 2017
Fritz Buser, owner of Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe, has transferred the majority interest in the North Lake Tahoe/Reno ski area to his children and grandchildren.
Fritz became the company's majority shareholder in 1971 and has controlled the growth and direction of Mt. Rose ever since, including the merger with Slide Mountain in 1987. Buser's son, Kurt, has served as executive president of the company for the last 20 years, and Paul Senft has served as general manager since 1992.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Business leads from NNBW for April 2-6, 2018
- Los Angeles investor acquires Reno’s Mira Loma Shopping Center
- Harrah’s and Harveys Lake Tahoe introduce parking program
- SupplyHouse.com moves into Reno’s North Valleys Commerce Center
- Tired of being tired? ‘Sleep’ suggests a paradigm shift (Biz & Books review)
- Despite Sears, Toys ‘R’ Us closures, Northern NV retail market forges ahead
- Need for Reno-area big box space key focus in tightening industrial market
- Reno-Sparks sets record at $375,000 for median home prices in March
- ICYMI: Top 40 Sierra Nevada Powerful Women finalists
- Reno’s Eldorado Resorts part of $1.85 billion deal for Tropicana assets