NDOT honors Comstock Mining
December 14, 2017
Comstock Mining and other entities were presented a Nevada Excellence in Mine Reclamation Award for Abandoned Mine Lands Hazard Mitigation by the Nevada Department of Transportation at its meeting Dec. 11.
Comstock's work included the rebuilding of State Route 342 and reclamation of historic mine features.
During a period of heavy precipitation in 2015, cracks were detected in State Route 342 located adjacent to Comstock Mining's Lucerne Mine operations near Gold Hill in Storey County. Comstock Mining, in a collaborative effort with NDOT and Storey County, engineered to rebuild and align the highway. Also, a new permanent channel was constructed for Gold Canyon Creek, and SR 342 was realigned for safety and stability.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Modern Acupuncture opens in Reno: NNBW news briefs, week of April 16
- Business Leads from Northern Nevada Business Weekly for April 9-13, 2018
- SupplyHouse.com moves into Reno’s North Valleys Commerce Center
- NV Energy reports improvements in renewable energy initiatives
- City National Bank hosts its 2018 Economic & Investment Forum in Reno
- Reno’s Shoppers Square: Summer 2018 upgrades decades in the making
- Reno’s Melissa Molyneaux: ‘I have always loved learning about people’
- Despite Sears, Toys ‘R’ Us closures, Northern NV retail market forges ahead
- Need for Reno-area big box space key focus in tightening industrial market
- Reno-Sparks sets record at $375,000 for median home prices in March