News Brief: Smith’s Food & Drug
August 31, 2017
Smith's Food & Drug collected school supply items at all Smith's store locations in Northern Nevada to benefit local neighborhood school students.
The donated school supplies from the Smith's located at 750 South Meadows Parkway in Reno valued $1,200 — which includes Smith's donation of 100 Back to School Supply Kits and the cash donations from customers and associates used to buy additional supplies.
This drive ran from July 17 to August 4. Smith's Food & Drug donated to the following elementary schools in Reno/Sparks including Double Diamond: Lemmon Valley, Mark Twain, Greenbrae, Southside, Aspire and Sutro.
Among school supplies donated are pencils, markers, crayons, erasers, glue, scissors, pens, paper, folders, rulers, highlighters, tissues, colored pencils, binders, notebooks and index cards. Also, Smith's Food & Drug donated Back to School Supply Kits, which included pencils, paper and other school supplies.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino honors logtime employees
- Reno-Sparks home sales up 11 percent in February
- Grand Canyon Development Partners, organizations collect pet supplies
- University of Nevada, Reno, School Of Medicine granted accreditation
- City of Reno launches business recognition program