Reno Bighorns, UWNNS partner for book donation
December 14, 2017
The Reno Bighorns and United Way of Northern Nevada and the Sierra partnered to deliver $5,000 worth of new books to the Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows.
The groups share the goal to raise the number of children in Northern Nevada who read proficiently by the end of the 3rd grade, which is directly correlated to high school graduation and career success. This early grade reading initiative is led by UWNNS and fulfilled by a collective and interdisciplinary, solution-based group known as the partnership for the Northern Nevada Campaign for Grade Level Reading.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Reno’s Shoppers Square: Summer 2018 upgrades decades in the making
- Despite Sears, Toys ‘R’ Us closures, Northern NV retail market forges ahead
- Reno-Sparks sets record at $375,000 for median home prices in March
- Need for Reno-area big box space key focus in tightening industrial market
- ICYMI: Top 40 Sierra Nevada Powerful Women finalists