Safety Consultation and Training Section takes over state’s Voluntary Protection Programs
June 30, 2017
Safety Consultation and Training Section (SCATS) will take over the responsibility of overseeing Nevada's Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP) starting in July.
VPP had been previously administered under Nevada's Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) Enforcement section. The move will consolidate all OSHA employer recognition programs in Nevada under SCATS and help more Nevada employers gain access to the nationally-recognized VPP.
Businesses interested in the VPP or any other OSHA employer recognition programs in Nevada may contact SCATS 1-877-4SAFENV or visit http://www.4safenv.state.nv.us.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Carson golf course sold for $3.5 million, being turned into soccer complex
- Carpool app serving Reno aims to ease Tahoe Reno Industrial Center congestion
- Union Pacific, Amtrak nearly finished with Positive Train Control upgrades
- S3 Development acquires downtown Reno project
- Bay Area company expands to Reno, helps autonomous drones avoid collisions