TravelNevada launches latest Discover Your Nevada campaign
May 30, 2017
The Nevada Division of Tourism (TravelNevada) will launch its annual Discover Your Nevada campaign this month to encourage Nevadans to explore and discover the Silver State this summer.
The campaign is a cooperative program with the Nevada Department of Education, which runs an essay contest for Nevada eighth-graders, the winners of which will be taken on an "ultimate field trip" in the state.
TravelNevada has developed six road-trip routes around the state, and travelers who "check in" via social media on the routes from Memorial Day through Labor Day using the hashtag #discoverNV17 will earn $1 toward a Field Trip Fund. In the fall, the Department of Education will conduct an essay contest among eighth-grade students to award the ultimate end-of-year field trip to the winning student.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nugget Casino Resort starts next phase of renovaton project
- Commercial real estate transactions for week of March 19-23
- Nevada Demographer’s Office reports state population continues to grow
- Bureau of Land Management reports results from oil and gas sales
- Atlantis Casino Resort Spa now offers charitable slots