University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine receives top ranking
July 12, 2017
The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine ranked 13th in the United States top 20 most affordable medical schools, according to a study released by USA Today.
The study put together by Student Loan Hero, assessed three factors when determining the list: annual tuition costs, average indebtedness at graduation, and the percentage of borrowers receiving institutional aid. On average, aspiring medical students can expect to accrue more than $160,000 in medical school debt, while UNR Med students pay nearly $30,000 less due to low tuition rates and ample financial aid opportunities.
Of the top 12 schools on the list, UNR Med out-ranks eight in students receiving institutional aid, three in annual in-state tuition and two in average medical school debt.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Dennis Hof to open ‘rejuvenation center’ next to BunnyRanch
- Nevada’s craft beer scene is booming, but will the buzz wear off?
- Northern Nevada Business View Business Leads: May 2018
- Grape expectations: Nevada wine industry primed for success amid law changes
- VIDEO: Verdi Local Distillery making splash with creative whiskies